- 1. How to book Meesapulimala Trekking and Camping packages online?
- KFDC offers both online booking facility for Meeshapulimala stay and trek programmes. More details can be found at How to book Meesapulimala online.
- 2. How to book Meesapuliamala Trekking and Camping packages offline?
- KFDC offers offline booking facility for Meeshpulimala stay and trek programmes. More details can be found at How to book Meesapulimala offline.
- 3. How to reach meesapulimala from Munnar?
- Meesapulimala is situated near Munnar in Idukki district of Kerala. Munnar to Meesapulimala base camp is about an hour journey and is about 22 km in distance.
Route: Munnar – KFDC Base Camp (Meesapulimala)
- 4. Where should i report for Meesapulimala camping?
- You needs to report at Munnar KFDC office and complete the necessary formalities, before you reach Base Camp or Skycottage or Rhodo Mansion and check-in.
- 5. Where is Munnar KFDC Office located?
- KFDC office is about 2-3kms from Munnar Bus Depot, near to KFDC Floriculture Centre on Munnar – Marayoor Road. KFDC Floriculture Centre is popularly know as Rose Garden in Munnar.
- 6. When to report at KFDC office?
- The check-in time for KFDC packages is 2.00 pm. So the best time for reporting at KFDC office in Munar is between 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm.
NB: Why we ask you to report at KFDC Office between 12.30 and 1.00 is as because, it take approximately, 40-45 minutes to reach Meesapulimala Base Camp from KFDC Office. So inorder to check in at Meesapulimala at 2.00 pm, its best to report at KFDC Office an hour before.
- 7. What are the itineary for Meesapulimala KFDC packages?
- The KFDC Meesapulimala package includes, the trek to Meesapulimala, evening tea, dinner, breakfast, lunch + acccomodation at meesapulimala Sky Cottage or Rhodo Masion or Tent at Mesapulimala Base camp(based on the package you have booked)
- 8. Are Munnar to Meesapulimala and Meesapulimala to Munnar transportation charges included in the package?
- Transportation charges to and from Meesapulimala are not included in any of the packages.
- 9. What is the distance of the trek from Base camp to Rhodo mansion?
- The distance of the trek from KFDC Base camp to Rhodo mansion is about 4 km
- 10. What is the distance of the trek from Rhodo Mansion to Meesapulimala?
- The distance of the trek from Rhodo Mansion to Meesapulimala is about 2.5 km
- 11. What is the distance of the trek from Base Camp to Rhodo Valley to Meesapulimala?
- The distance of the trek from Base camp to Meesapulimala via Rhodo Valley is about 7.5 km
- 12. Munnar to Meesapulimala bus service?
- There are no direct buses from Munnar to Meesapulimala. The only option is to take a taxi from Munnar and reach Meesapulimala Base camp.
- 13. How to reach Meesapulimala from Ernakulam?
- Ernakulam to Meesapulimala base camp is about 142 km distance. It takes approximatly 4.5 hour journey to reach Meesapulimala from Munnar.
Route: Ernakulam – Kothamangalam – Adimali – Munnar – Meesapulimala (KFDC Base Camp)
- 14. How to reach Meesapulimala from Chennai?
- Chennai to Meesapulimala base camp is about 593 km distance via Road. It takes approximatly 12.5 hour journey to reach Chennai from Munnar.
Route by Train: Chennai – Ernakulam (Train) and then Erankulam to Munnar (Bus) and then Munnar to Meesapulimala (Taxi)
Route by Road: Chennai -Trichy – Dindigal – Theni -Bodyinayakanur – Devikulam – Meesalupulimala
- 15. Distance from Bangalore to Meesapulimala?
- Meesaupulimala Base camp is about 22 kms from Munnar.
Route: Bengaluru – Dharmapuri – Erode – Tiruppur – Udumalpet – Marayoor – Munnar – Meesapulimala
- 16. How to reach Meesapulimala from Thrissur?
- Munnar to Meesapulimala base camp is about 171 km distance. It takes approximatly five journey to reach Meesapulimala from Thrissur.
Route: Thrissur – Chalakudy – Perumbavoor – Adimali – Munnar – KFDC Base Camp (Meesapulaimala Base Camp)
- 17. How to reach Meesapulimala from Trivandrum?
- Trivandrum to Meesapulimala base camp is about 298 km distance. It takes approximatly 7.5 hours journey to reach Meesapulimala from Trivandrum.
Route: Thiruvananthapuram – Kottarakkara – Adoor – Ranni – Kanjirapally – Pala – Thodupuzha – Adimali – Munnar – Meesapulimala
- 18. Distance from Devikulam to Meesapulimala?
- Devikulam to Meesapulimaa is about 17 km distance. It takes about 50 minutes to reach Meesapulimala from Devikulam
- 19. When is the best time to visit Meesapulimala?
- The best time to visit Meesapulimala
- 20. Is there any discounts for Meesapulimala camping group bookings?
- No. Since this is a package offered by Kerala Forest Department, which comes under Kerala Government, there are no discount programs for Meesapulimala trekking and camping packages.
- 21. Meesapulimala Trekking – Additional Tip 1#
- If you search for Munnar to Meesapulimala, Google Map will show the route through Kolukkumalai, which is not the correct way and is otherwise known to be an illegal trek route to Meesapulimala. Instead please search “KFDC Base Camp” to get the correct route.
- 22. Meesapulimala Trekking – Additional Tip #2
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, you can drive till Meesapulimala Base Camp. The last 2 km of the road to the base camp is unpaved.
- 23. Meesapulimala Trekking – Additional Tip #3
- If you have opted for the stay at Rhodo Mansion, you will be allowed to drive the off-road till Rhodo Mansion on your own vechicle(not recommended for small cars).
- 24. Meesapulimala Trekking – Additional Tip #4
- You will be able to opt for a jeep ride from Base camp to Rhodo Mansion and vice versa during the day of the trek. This jeep ride is helpful for people who wish to reduce the distance of the trek to Meesapulimala.
Check the jeep rates(subject to availability) and opt for it, if required while completing the formalities at KFDC office.
- 25. Meesapulimala Trekking – Additional Tip #5
- Don’t forget to plan your return journey on Day 01 itself, else you may stuck with unnecessary delays in your schedule and eventualy end up spending more.
For further information, please refer:
- How to Book Meesapulimala Trekking Packages Online
- Things to know before Booking Meesapulimala Camping and Trekking Packages
- Meesapulimala Trekking & Camping Packages from KFDC
Are you among the ones, who visited Meesapulimala? Are you willing to share your experience as a travelogue? Feel free to Contact Us.
GET EXCLUSIVE TRAVEL DEALS, DISCOUNTS & MORE...
Join our newsletter email list to become the first to hear about free eBooks, travel stories, news, deal & discounts.
Consider us your travel companion in India. Get true information about various day tours, accommodation facilities, holidays, vacation packages, camping and trekking programs that are offered by the Tourism Departments and the Forest Departments of various states in India.
Come, let us explore the best experiences and also #savemoney while traveling in India.