Njandirukki Waterfalls Idukki
Njandirukki waterfalls is one of the less explored destinations in Idukki district of Kerala. This waterfalls is hidden inside the forest and is one of the eye-pleasing waterfalls in Thodupuzha after Anayadikuth Waterfalls.
Njandirukki waterfalls is about 18kms from Thodupuzha and is located near Poomala town. The stream here originates from Cheppukulam hills and sidles crab-like across a treacherous rock at the foothill of Poomala-Methotty forest area. Hence got the name Njandirukki Waterfalls.
Njandirukki falls from a height of over 200ft which is one among the highest waterfalls in Kerala.
How to reach Njandirukki waterfalls:
There are two routes to Poomla and then to Njandirukki falls:
- Thodupuzha -> Alakode -> Velliyamattam -> Poomala -> Njandirukki waterfalls &
- Thodupuzha -> Anchiri -> Anakkayam -> Velliyamattam -> Poomala -> Njandirukki waterfalls.
Private Bus, as well as KSRTC, ply from Thodupuzha to Poomala in regular intervals.
You need to park your vehicle at Pommala and then walk towards the waterfalls. From Poomala, there are two ways to reach the waterfalls:
- Either you can head towards the downside of the waterfall, enjoy it from there. And then trek till the middle of the waterfalls, which is the viewpoint that offers an alluring view of the waterfalls.
- Or else you can take the shortcut towards the viewpoint, by walking through a private property.
Facts about Njandirukki waterfall:
|Name in Malayalam:||ഞണ്ടിറുക്കി വെള്ളച്ചാട്ടം|
|Height:||about 200 feet|
|Nearest Town:||Poomala ( 500meters) or Thodupuzha: 19km.|
|Nearest Railway Station:|
- If you are trailing with your vehicle, its advisable to park your vehicle at Poomala Junction as the nearby roads are not big enough to cater more number of vehicles
- The Waterfall dies up during Summer Season, So it's not advisable for a visit during Summer
- Don't dispose of anything out there. Be Responsible, and don't make it another dumb yard