Meesapulimala Base Camp Contact Number, Route & Details
Meesapulimala is situated in the protected areas of Munnar, Idukki district of Kerala and is close to the Kerala- Tamil Nadu border. Kerala Forest Division a.k.a KFDC, which is responsible for undertaking tourism activities in Reserve Forests and protected areas offers three distinct packages for Meesapulimala trek & Meesapulimala stay, which are:
- Meesapulimala Base Camp
- Meesapulimala Sky Cottage
- Meesapulimala Rhodo Mansion
In this article, we enlist the complete list of Meesapulimala Base Camp package including itinerary, cost and contact details. Also feel free to check "how to book Meesapulimala trek package online" - our all in one guide for Meesapulimala stay booking.
Base camp is located at an altitude of about 6000 ft. The best thing about Munnar is its chillness and the climate. One can enjoy the night outdoors, by sitting around the campfire and walking around.
The forthcoming morning brings to you an adventurous trek to Meesapulimala hill located at an altitude of around 7500-8700 feet.
Meesapulimala Base Camp Contact Number & Details:
- Package Name: Meesapulimala Base Camp
- Address: Floriculture Center Mattupatty Road, Munnar
- District: Idukki
- State: Kerala
- Contact Number:91 4865 230332 | M: +91 8289821408
- Email: [email protected]
- Location: View in Google Map
- Nearest Town: Munnar
- Nearest Bus Station: Munnar
- Nearest Railway Station: Ernakulam (ERS, ERN)
- Nearest Airport: Cochin(COK)
Meesapulimala Base Camp Itinerary:
The Base Camp Itineraries includes tent Stay at Base Camp, Trekking to Meesapulimala with a Guide, Breakfast, a vegitarian Lunch at the top of Meesapulimala, Evening Tea & Dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best time to visit Meesapulimala?
December to February is the best time to visit Munnar since the weather is pleasant during these months. The temperature will be close to 10 degree Celsius during this time. If you are a monsoon lover, June to September is the best time to Visit Munnar
How to reach Meesapulimala from Ernakulam?
Ernakulam to Meesapulimala base camp is about 142 km distance. It takes approximatly 4.5 hour journey to reach Meesapulimala from Munnar. Route: Ernakulam - Kothamangalam - Adimali - Munnar - Meesapulimala (KFDC Base Camp)
How to reach Meesapulimala from Munnar?
Munnar to Meesapulimala base camp is about 22 km distance. It takes approximately an hour journey to reach Meesapulimala from Munnar. Route: Munnar - KFDC Base Camp
Review & Rating:
Google Rating: 4.6/5 View Reviews
Trip Advisor Rating: NA View Reviews
Things to know
- Check-in preferably by noon at 2.00 pm and check out by 1.00 pm the next day or 24 hrs from the check-in (whichever is the earliest)
- You need to report to KFDC Divisional Managers Office, Munnar before you check in at Base Camp.
- Default and maximum occupancy for a tent is 2 persons.
- Entry is free for childrens up to the age of 6 years.
- Whereas childrens between 6 and 12 years are charged half the cost.
- Visitors have to arrange transportation by themselves till Base Camp.
- Cost of Double Occupancy: 4316.00/-
- No of Tents in Base Camp: 40+
- By Air: Cochin International Airport -124 Km
- By Rail: Aluva Railway Station- 125 Km, Ernakulam Railway Station - 143 Kms
- By Road:Ernakulam- 142 Km, Thekkady- 115 Km