KFDC Gavi Jungle camp Package Details and Book Online
Gavi is a small forest village in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala state. It is a part of the Periyar Tiger Reserve which has roots in Idukki, Kottayam & Pathanamthitta districts. The rich flora and fauna of Gavi make it one of the best places for trekking and camping in Idukki and Pathanamthitta districts. Kerala Forest Development Corporation (KFDC) oversees the Eco-tourism activities in Gavi Forest.
The packages by KFDC are as below:
- Gavi Day Trip Package
- Green Mansion Jungle Lodge stay Package
- Swiss Cottage Tent stay Package
- Gavi Jungle Camp Package
And In this article, we enlist the completed details of the Gavi Jungle Camp package including itinerary, cost and contact details:
About Gavi Jungle Camp:
KFDC Gavi Camping Tariff:
|SERVICE||RATE / PERSON||GST %||GST RATE||TOTAL|
|PREPARATION & SERVING OF FOOD & BEVERAGES||1800||5||90||1890|
|COST OF TREKKING / BOATING / PLANTATION VISIT / GUIDE ETC||1000||18||180||1180|
- Check-in preferably by 2.00 pm and check out after 24 hours or 2.00 pm on the following day, whichever is earlier.
- Minimum 4 people is required to run the package.
- This package is not desirable for ladies and kids.
- Forest Guides and helpers will accompany the guests throughout the stay.
- Children up to the age of 6 years have free entry and those between 6 and 12 half of the tariff
Kumily / Vandiperiyar Bus Station
Kottayam (KTYM) / Tiruvalla (TRVL)
Kumily Police Station
Govt. Hospital, Kumily
KFDC Gavi Jungle camp (KFDC) Contact Number & Details:
- Package Name: Gavi Jungle Camp (KFDC)
- Address: Tourist Facilitation Center KFDC, Gavi Eco Tourism, Lake Road, Thekkady, Kumily (Near Periyar Tiger Reserver Entrance gate), Gavi P.O., Vandiperiyar, Idukki
- District: Pathanamthitta
- State: Kerala
- Contact Number: 04869 253270
- Mobile Number: +91 9947492399, +91 8289821306
- Email: [email protected]
- Nearest Town: Vandiperiyar
- Nearest Bus Station: Vandiperiyar/Kumily
- Nearest Railway Station: Kottayam (KTYM), Tiruvalla (TRVL)
- Nearest Airport: Cochin(COK)
Gavi Travel Guide:
Gavi Forest Camp Reviews & Rating:
|Review Type||Review Score||View More|
|Google Review||N/A||View More|
|Trip Advisor Review||N/A||View More|
|K2L Review||N/A||View More|
Gavi Jungle Camp Itinerary
The itineraries in Gavi Jungle camp include evening tea, dinner, morning breakfast, and a vegetarian lunch.
Guides and helpers will accompany the guests throughout the stay.
The program also offers a relaxing rowboat ride, a visit to the cardamom plantation, then to the cardamom curing house and a visit to Sabarimala viewpoint, the scenic beauty spot to capture the panoramic view of the Sabarimala hills and the pilgrim spot.
Camping at Gavi Forest.
Rowboat ride at Gavi Lake
A visit to the cardamom plantation, then to the cardamom curing house
A visit to Sabarimala viewpoint
What is the best time to visit Gavi?
September to February is the best time to visit Gavi. If you are a monsoon lover, June to September will be the ideal time for you in Gavi.
Where is Gavi in Kerala?
Gavi is situated inside the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Pathanamthitta district of Kerala.
Distance from Ernakulam to Gavi?
Ernakulam to Gavi is around 171 km long. It takes around 4.30 hours to reach Gavi from Ernakulam.
Route: Ernakulam – Kurvilangad – Pala – Kanjirapally – Mundakayam – Kuttikanam – Vandiperiyar – Gavi