The much-awaited Agasthyakoodam 2020 trekking online booking date is out to the public. In a recent press release, the Kerala Forest Department has officially declared the “online booking facility for Agasthyarkoodam Trekking 2020”.
Agasthyarkoodam Trekking Booking (Imp. Dates):
Without any further cliche or delay, here are the details for getting Agasthyakoodam trekking pass in 2020:
- The Agasthyakoodam 2020 trekking booking will be started on 08th January 2020 at 11.00 am IST.
- The date of the trek will be from 14th January to 18th February 2020
Agasthyakoodam Online Booking Websites:
There are 3 ways to book Agastyakoodam Trekking online in 2020:
- Online Booking via Kerala Forest Department Website
- Online Booking via Government eService Website (
the link is not active yet, please try after sometime. Also, we would recommend creating a user a/c by going to the Home page of eService websiteThe link is active now. We would recommend registering yourself for an account before the booking is actually started)
- Booking via Akashya E Centres in Kerala (the link points to the List of all Akashya E Centres in Kerala and their contact details.)
If you wish to receive a personalized reminder about the booking before 08th January 2020 11:00 am, please visit:Agasthyakoodam Trekking Pass 2020: Get Instant Updates.
Documents required for booking Agasthyakoodam Trekking Pass 2020:
- An ID Proof (Aadhaar/Pan card/Driving License/any other Govt. ID proof) can be used for booking the Agastyakoodam entry pass.
- If you are booking online, the booking form requires your Government ID details in order to complete the booking. For e.g.: If you are booking for yourself, then your ID Proof Details needs to be filled during the booking.
- For group bookings, you need to enter the Government ID details for each of the members in the group. For e.g.: If you are planning to book for a group of 8 persons, then the ID Proof Details of all 8 persons needs to be filled during the booking.
- If you are booking via Akshaya e-Centre, a photocopy of the ID Proof of all the participants of the trek is required for booking.
Please check All Details for Agasthyakoodam Trekking & itinerary
for the complete information about Agasthyakoodam trek including the itinerary, distance chart, how to reach guide, contact details, etc.
Booking Charges & Other Details:
- The 2020 Agasthyakoodam trekking online booking charge is Rs. 1100 per person.
- A group of maximum 10 members can be enrolled with a single booking.
- There is an additional charge (payment gateway charge + service charge) for bookings via Akshaya Centre.
- The extra charges are Rs. 50 /- per ticket of 1 to 05 persons and Rs. 70/- per ticket of 06 to 10 persons.
Things to know before booking Agastyakoodam 2020 Entry Pass:
- Women are allowed for the trek.
- Children below 14 years are not allowed for the trek.
- There will not be any special considerations for women during the trek.
- Only 100 persons will be allowed per day to trek Agasthyakoodam.
- People with good physical strength are advised to trek as this is one of the toughest trek routes in Kerala
If you wish to receive a personalized reminder about the booking before 08th January 2020 11:00 am, please check Agasthyakoodam Trekking Pass 2020: Get Instant Updates.
Documents for Agastyakoodam Trekking & Verification Process:
- Documents verification will be done at Bonacaud Forest Picket Station at 7.00 AM, on the day of the trek.
- Printouts of the entry pass and the Government ID provided during the booking (original) must be submitted for verification.
- A self-signed declaration is also required during the verification process. The declaration form will be provided along with the entry pass.
- For group booking, the self-signed declaration of the group leader is only necessary.
- You will not be allowed to start the trek with wrong booking details or without verification. So be careful while filling the details online.
- Any incorrect details in the booking (wrong Name, wrong ID Card number, etc.) will lead to the rejection upon verification.
- Any correction in the ticket can be done by visiting the Forest Department Office at Trivandrum on any working days.
- The Eco-Development Committee will provide each group of up to 10 people with a guide.
In 2019, Agasthyakoodam trekking booking online was winded up within a couple of hours as the entry passes were sold out like IRCTC tatkal tickets.
- Carrying things for Pooja, plastic, alcohol and other intoxicants is strictly prohibited in the trekking.
- Smoking and cooking are also not permitted inside the Forest.
- Strict action will be taken against individuals who indulge in Forest-offences as per the Indian Forest Act.
- Follow the guidelines provided by the Forest officials and trekking guides.
- The Eco-Development Committee will be operating canteens 24 hours a day at Bonacaud and Athirumala during the trekking.
- Neither the Forest Department nor the Eco-Development Committee will be responsible for any damages caused during the journey.
- As mentioned and signed up in the declaration, the travelers must trek at their own risk, as wildlife threats can be encountered during the en-route of the trek.
Update: Almost all trekking pass were sold out before 11.30am on 08th January 2020.
Agasthyakoodam Trekking Contact Details
For any additional information, please feel free to contact Kerala Forest Department via the Toll Free Number: 1800 425 4733 or the Wildlife Warden, Thiruvananthapuram at +91 471 2360762
Kerala Forest Department Press Release- Online booking for Agasthyakoodam Trek:
Are you among the ones, who visited Agasthyakoodam trek?. Are you willing to share your experience as a travelogue? Feel free to Contact Us.
[Image courtesy: The Press Release photo by Vasista Reddy. All rights reserved by the photographer]